Recording the creation of Roman, Carthaginian and other armies for the 2nd Punic War.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Second Unit of Hastati


I finished the first complete unit for the second legion last week. I am also half way through the second unit of velites. All are Crusader figures except the musician which is Gripping Beast and the Standard bearer which is from the Foundry Caesarian range by Mark Copplestone.

My final order of Crusader figures arrived today, together with a rather nice Crusader pocket diary -I must be ordering a lot of figures! I now have everything I need for the second legion. I ordered some javelin armed skirmishers and I will use these intead of velites in one of the units of Alae. I have put in an order to A&A for some of their Samnites. I am going to equip the Samnites with Roman shields and paint their tunics in plain off white so they should look Roman but not quite. Not sure yet whether to give them pilum or spears. Probably pilum. I considered making the Samnites more Samnite and less Roman looking so I could use them as Carthaginian Allies but I think I am going to concentrate on the Punic Wars in Spain to start with so will get the new Crusader Spanish which are due out any day now.

No comments: