Recording the creation of Roman, Carthaginian and other armies for the 2nd Punic War.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

2nd unit of Triarii


I've finished the final unit of Triarii. The standard bearer is a Copplestone-sculpted Foundry one. The Centurion is Gripping Beast. Rank and File are Crusader. I haven't painted anything on the Vexilium yet so need to think what I can put there. Now I only have the Principes to do to finish the legion. I might be able to get all twelve done in a week if I really work at it.
Here is the combined unit of Triarii with figures from each legion. I've now painted 79 figures for a total of 1143 points. Not quite my biggest WAB army (that's still the Wars of the Roses one) but getting there.

1 comment:

Giles said...

I was following your Byzantine blog and wondered why it had gone quiet - now I know! Excellent stuff. I have a few Gripping Beast figures from this period, although everyone else seems to go for the Crusader ranges. Looking forward to seeing the armies develop (and the Perry Sudan stuff too - now that project has to high on anyone's list).

Best wishes.